The MELT Method is a powerful self-care technique using small balls and foam rollers. It was designed to help the body heal by re-hydrating the body's connective tissue. Your connective tissue includes your fascia, ligaments and tendons and those critical parts of your body tissue can be dehydrated by physically demanding activity or by sitting at a desk job or by any kind of stress. Dehydrated connective tissue makes you more susceptible to injury and chronic pain. I am certified MELT Method instructor and can teach you how to use MELT Method ball kits and rollers. MELT techniques can help the following groups of people:
- People in chronic pain
- People looking to combat the effects of aging
MELT FOR Athletes
Competitive athletes can get the following benefits from practicing the MELT Method. The MELT Method:
- Restores adequate hydration directly to vital muscle fascia, tendons and ligaments,
- Increases stretching capabilities,
- Reduces chance of injury,
- Improves balance,
- Decreases response time,
- Improves recovery time post athletic activity and
- Promotes general healing.
If you're an athlete, reach your athletic goals with the MELT Method.
MELT FOR chronic pain
If you have chronic pain from conditions such as scoliosis, fibromyalgia or rheumatoid arthritis, you might find the MELT Method can help you minimize your pain. If you suffer from chronic conditions exacerbated by poor ergonomics in your job such as neck pain, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, thoracic outlet or more, you might find the MELT Method can help you stay pain free once massage and stretching have helped your body heal itself. The MELT Method can re-hydrate those connective tissues where stress gets "stuck" in your body.
- Reduces back, neck and shoulder pain - MELT is great for people with scoliosis, fibromyalgia or those who suffer from chronic pain due to poor ergonomics at work,
- Reduces joint inflammation - great for arthritis sufferers,
- Decreases the body's physical response to stress and
- Greater Ease of Movement.
MELT FOR COMBATING EFFECTS OF AGING
Simple MELT techniques can help people combat the effects of aging. Specifically the MELT Method:
- Improves balance,
- Increases manual dexterity,
- Supports more restorative sleep,
- Improves digestion,
- Increases range of motion and
- Increased collagen production which slows rate at which wrinkles form!
MELT METHOD LESSONS
Contact me to schedule a MELT Method lesson. Individual and group instruction available.