You might have pain from a car accident, an acute injury or from sudden pain from an unknown cause. I will work with you to understand possible causes for your pain and apply an integrative approach so that your body can heal itself from painful conditions. We will:
- discuss your goals for massage during our initial consultation,
- you will explain when and how the pain began,
- your muscles will be assessed looking for likely culprits based on our consultation,
- a plan will be proposed for our session(s) and
- an integrative massage approach will be used to help your body heal itself.
This integrative approach includes massage techniques such as:
- Swedish massage,
- myofascial massage,
- trigger point massage and
- manual lymphatic drainage.
These massage techniques combined will help relax your muscles, reduce pain, breakdown scar tissue and increase range of motion so that your body can heal. If you have been diagnosed with a specific condition by a doctor, massage protocols that have been developed to address your condition will be used.
Depending on where your body is in its healing process, I will use a variety of stretching techniques including:
- passive stretching,
- myofascial stretching,
- active isolated stretching,
- proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation and
- assisted/resisted techniques
These stretching techniques are employed at various times to help lengthen your muscles, help your body heal itself, restore your muscles to their normal range of motion and prevent pain from returning.
If your pain has been aggravated by de-hydrated connective tissue or "stuck stress" in your connective tissue, and if you're ready to learn a simple self care technique for your connective tissue that you can do in just 5 minutes a day at home, I can teach you how to use the MELT Method at home to accelerate your healing and minimize the chance of pain returning.
If your pain is exacerbated by poor ergonomics at work, together we can devise a plan to minimize the likelihood of the pain recurring. I’m happy to partner with your physician, chiropractor, acupuncturist, personal trainer, PT or OT to help your body accelerate its healing with massage, stretching and the MELT Method.
MASSAGE HELPS THESE CONDITIONS
- thoracic outlet syndrome
- shoulder pain
- golfer's elbow
- tennis elbow
- carpal tunnel and trigger finger
- low back pain
- hip pain
- hamstring pulls
- patella tendonitis
- shin splints
- plantar fasciitis, hammer toe, bunions
- sprains and strains
- rheumatoid arthritis
- autoimmune conditions